Sunday, January 29, 2012

If They Stop Spinning


Title: If They Stop Spinning
Genre: Horror
Word Count: 182
Rating:  K+

It was only a brief instant, a blip of a thought though coming out of a dream. Maybe I was but what did it matter I thought the more I started to wake.  So what if the electrons stop spinning, I did not care, I was in slumbered bliss until I finally awoke to find myself trap with no means of escape.  I called it a minor blessing that I was near the phone. Close enough to call for help. As I called and explained my dreaded situation as I started to feel my lungs grasping for air, I told the dispatcher my name, address and problem.  She told me to hold on. Trust me I tried as I feel my life slowly escaping me as my tomb collapse inward more and more. I wanted nothing more than this torment to end, but it felt like an eternity to my rescuers came. Nevertheless, by the time they finally saw me I was gone. Leaving nothing but a lifeless body fused with the bed and the floor as if we were one being.

No comments:

Post a Comment